- Alan Davies: You know when you find a bee, and it's crawling on its last legs.
- Rob Brydon: I always rescue them.
- Alan Davies: You give it honey. It's the only thing they eat, makes sense when you think about it.
- [audience laughter]
- Alan Davies: No point in just talking to it. Give it honey!
- David Mitchell: They're very much a one-recipe species, aren't they?
- Dara Ó Briain: I'm intrigued, because I would, um, I generally give it a sole of my shoe. You know, not to be harsh, but…
- Alan Davies: [exasperated] You step on a struggling, crawling bee? Trying to get back to the hive?
- Dara Ó Briain: What? As opposed to rehabilitate it?
- Alan Davies: I like honey! I have it on my porridge! You murderer!
- David Mitchell: [after the argument has gone on for a while] But isn't it true, though, that a bee, in its entire lifetime, makes absolutely tiny amount of honey overall? So you don't have to give much rehabilitating honey to this one bee before the nation, the world, is making a net loss! I mean, it's useless. If you only get one teaspoon of honey from a whole bee's lifetime, and every time you have to get it back on its feet it takes a teaspoon and a half, suddenly there's no honey at all! You're insulting it apart from anything else! It's like showing a very tired mason a whole cathedral!
I changed my sisters laptop to this pics of David Mitchell and she thought it was an old selfie of her I’VE NEVER LAUGHEED SO HARD except maybe the Dolma in Merlin ;)
So excuse me while I die
My lungs are literally aching
The makings of a banner… now conveniently available at the top of my tumblr!
The End Of The Beginning - David Mitchell talks about Victoria Coren
(from his autobiography, Back Story)
"It’s not true, sadly. He stripped naked and ran around in front of the guests."
- You know he came on a visit here last year? Just turned up unannounced, on his way to Auckland.
- What? No.
- I’m sure your predecessor’s breakdown would have happened anyway.