New series of WILTY starts Friday 12th September, 8.30pm, BBC1! Guests on the first episode are Micky Flanagan, Fiona Bruce, Steve Jones and Claudia Winkleman.
I love this programme so muuuch! They need a new promo pic, though. David’s had that beard a couple of years now.
By the way, I’m justifying this rare non-Finnemore related post because a) Mitchell was at the last Library Edition tryout, so that makes him an honorary JFSP cast member in my eyes, and b) I’m still holding out hope that one day (although I know for a fact he’s not on this series) they’ll actually get JF on as a guest. Come on, producers, he’d be FANTASTIC on this show, and you know it. In fact, that’s all the excuse I need to say, "GET… ME… FINNEMORE!"
- Alan Davies: You know when you find a bee, and it's crawling on its last legs.
- Rob Brydon: I always rescue them.
- Alan Davies: You give it honey. It's the only thing they eat, makes sense when you think about it.
- [audience laughter]
- Alan Davies: No point in just talking to it. Give it honey!
- David Mitchell: They're very much a one-recipe species, aren't they?
- Dara Ó Briain: I'm intrigued, because I would, um, I generally give it a sole of my shoe. You know, not to be harsh, but…
- Alan Davies: [exasperated] You step on a struggling, crawling bee? Trying to get back to the hive?
- Dara Ó Briain: What? As opposed to rehabilitate it?
- Alan Davies: I like honey! I have it on my porridge! You murderer!
- David Mitchell: [after the argument has gone on for a while] But isn't it true, though, that a bee, in its entire lifetime, makes absolutely tiny amount of honey overall? So you don't have to give much rehabilitating honey to this one bee before the nation, the world, is making a net loss! I mean, it's useless. If you only get one teaspoon of honey from a whole bee's lifetime, and every time you have to get it back on its feet it takes a teaspoon and a half, suddenly there's no honey at all! You're insulting it apart from anything else! It's like showing a very tired mason a whole cathedral!
I changed my sisters laptop to this pics of David Mitchell and she thought it was an old selfie of her I’VE NEVER LAUGHEED SO HARD except maybe the Dolma in Merlin ;)
So excuse me while I die
My lungs are literally aching
The makings of a banner… now conveniently available at the top of my tumblr!
The End Of The Beginning - David Mitchell talks about Victoria Coren
(from his autobiography, Back Story)
"It’s not true, sadly. He stripped naked and ran around in front of the guests."